New Year's 2010

New Year's 2010

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Addicted to CAS Challenge #68 - Chevron

Here is the latest card challenge that I have entered. The challenge from Addicted to CAS is to incorporate a chevron design into your CAS card.

 

I have a special fondness for chevrons so I decided to make a stencil on my Silhouette.  I used a plastic notebook divider and put the settings on Silhouette stencil material.  I sponged on Distress Ink in purple and blue and when dry I chalked the design with lavender chalk to soften the image.  I positioned the image in an angle across a piece of cardstock, marked the angle, removed the chevron and cut the cardstock along the angle. 
 
 

Since the insert was on an angle it proved to be a little tricky.  I started the card process by cutting the original cardstock in half at 5.5 and scored and folded the card base from one of the halves.  The remaining piece I cut in half so I would have two 5.5 x 4.25.  One of the halves was the piece I cut the angle on. The image was attached to the card front after which I added fun foam to and then used double-sided tape to hold the two layers together.  The last stop was to trim all the edges so that it was flush with the card measurements.  What I was left with were the image on the bottom level and the white stock and fun foam raised above the image.

I decided it needed a splash of color so I cut a strip of light purple light weight paper.  I scored the strip in half and glued it to the sides and top edges and trimmed.

I finished the card off by stenciling a couple chevrons on a separate piece of cardstock and added the phrase between the two.  I used foam dots to raise the phrase just a little off the card.  Hope I didn't confuse you too much! LOL

3 comments:

  1. The dotty Chevrons peeking through the diagonal panel look amazing :) very creative. Thank you for sharing with ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this design with the split panels. I make my own stencils on my Cameo as well --- isn't it great??!! Thanks for playing along at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great desig.. loved the dotted chevrons. Thanks for sharing your card at ATCAS

    ReplyDelete