New Year's 2010

New Year's 2010

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Let's Hit the Beach

With all the heat across the country (in the 100's at my house) this beach card popped easily into my mind. This month's swap theme in my Iris Folding group was "Road Trip"
I decided to find a car photo with a "beachy" background.  This one fit the bill perfectly!  I used a sharp blade and cut all of the car out except for the front and back lights, the windshield and the tires.  Then I used this pattern for the Iris Folding.  I thought is worked well because it reminded me of a racing strip.


After the folding was finished I mounted it to the black card base.  I cut out the door handle from the original picture and adhered it to the car.  I also used two pieces of black thread to recreate the line of the door.  Lastly, I used Microsoft Word to create the caption.

No comments:

Post a Comment