New Year's 2010

New Year's 2010

Friday, June 4, 2010

Mouse Mischief

Today I had a lot of fun making this combination bookmark and card.
I started by stamping my House Mouse image (Feeder Friends) in black ink on two pieces of white cardstock.  I trimmed one to a smaller version of the image and then I used various pens and pencils to color both images exactly alike.  I matted both on black paper and then onto the purple cardstock.
This is the card and below is the bookmark.
I attached a flat sheet magnet to the inside flap at the bottom of the bookmark.  To the other side I attached a flat sheet of metal.  The metal came from the top of an orange juice lid.  I used a tin snip to cut a rectangular shape.  Lastly I lined up the pictures and let the magnet hold the bookmark to the card.
The inside message was made with Microsoft Word, printed out, trimmed and then I used purple chalk to soften the edges.  All of this was glued to the inside of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment