New Year's 2010

New Year's 2010

Friday, May 7, 2010

Deja Vu

I can't believe Mother's Day is here again.  It seems like just yesterday when I made my sister this card!
I got the idea from Kaboose and made my own version.  My sister likes red so I changed the color palette. I punched flowers out of various patterned red and white paper (two punches for each flower).  I had some red wire and cut a piece for each flower. Then I glued the wire to the wrong side of one punched flower and the matching flower piece   on top of that.  I cut a piece of styrofoam and glued inside the window box.  I added glue to the wire tips and poked them into the styrofoam.
I punched a border design ("Diamond" by Fiskars) to add to the front of the window box.  I also added patterned paper to the inside so it would show through the window.  The sentiment was done with Microsoft Word.  The window valence is real lace!
Here is a closeup of the window box.  Since the card was so dimensional I had to send it in a box!  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment