New Year's 2010

New Year's 2010

Saturday, May 29, 2010

You Are Getting Sleepy

I saw a cute card in Crafts 'n Things/Apr '08 and decided to make my own version.  I started with white cardstock and cut a window in the front.
Since the word "relax" is 5 letters I needed 6 papers of different colors to make the pockets for the tags.
I cut the papers 3 inches tall and wide enough to fit behind the cutout.
Next I scored each paper down the center and folded in half.
Each of the papers when attached behind the cutout form a shallow pocket.  I made sure the folded edge faced up and the raw edges were in the back.  I taped all the edges on the back so the pockets would form.
As you can see from the finished card, the letters for "relax" are placed in the pockets and are glued in each pocket.  For the letters I punched out tag shapes and printed each tag with a different letter.  
After arranging the letters to my satisfaction I shortened the tags to fit the pockets.


I used a stamp from Whipper Snapper Designs called "Poolside Chicken" that epitomized "relax".  After coloring it I trimmed it out and then realized it was kind of floppy so I attached it to a stiff piece of clear plastic and then attached it to the card with foam dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment