New Year's 2010

New Year's 2010

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Challenge Card 2

After yesterday's black and white card I decided to go very light.  I started with the basic harlequin in "laurel leaf" green.
I used the same color ink to stamp three flowers with Stampabilities (Large Gerber Daisy).  After stamping I cut the flowers out with a scalloped punch.  Then I used a sharp blade to cut on the top sides of three of the diamond shapes.  I tucked the flowers under the points and secured with glue.
I glued "pearls" to the flower centers for an elegant touch.  I stamped the sentiment (Stampabilities) and punched it out with the same punch I used on the flowers.  It was too light to read so I added a black line down the middle of each letter.

I didn't have any colored paper that went with the ink color so I edged the base card with the same ink I used to stamp with and it turned out much better than expected! 

No comments:

Post a Comment