New Year's 2010

New Year's 2010

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Challenge

I decided that I needed to challenge myself (not that I don't have anything to do, lol) to use my stamps more and in different ways.  My first thought was to do more with my background stamps.  So, since I usually "overdo", I chose one stamp (Stampabilities "Harlequin" background stamp) and decided to see how many different cards I could come up with using that stamp as the base.
I stamped on white cardstock with black ink and then darkened the diamonds with a black marker.  I edged the cardstock with a black margin and attached to a card base.
I found a female harlequin image and attached it with foam dots to give it some dimension.  The flowers were attached with a black brad.  I used Microsoft Word to design the sentiment and I printed it out on brochure paper.  I added a black insert on the inside and glued to to the inside front to cover the brad "wings".

No comments:

Post a Comment