New Year's 2010

New Year's 2010

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Will The Real Spring Stand Up

Well, Spring has finally arrived!  How do I know for sure?  The robins are busy looking for worms, the dust storms are churning and the lilacs are blooming.  I just love the scent of lilacs...brings back great childhood memories!  Dust storms...not so much!!!

For the month of April I signed up to do three "Spring" card swaps.  I used the same stamp but different colors.  Here is the first one.
The stamp I used is called "Tulip Window" by Stamps Happen, Inc.  I stamped it on white cardstock and then colored with various things, Copic markers, watercolor pencils and paint pens.  

I chose colored cardstock to go with the coloring in the picture and cut a 5" x 6.75" piece and used Martha Stewart's continuous edge punches (Double Loop) to edge the piece.  Since you can only do certain sizes I had to finagle the measurements by cutting it in half left to right and sliding it together and matching the loops to make it shorter.  Lastly I glued the picture to the looped background.
I measured contrasting cardstock for the card base and attached the picture to the folded card.  On the inside I added a piece of cardstock the same color as the loops and corner punched the corners with the "double loop".  Then I stamped it with a Hero Arts stamp called "Spring Memories".
 Here is variation two...
 Here is variation 3...

No comments:

Post a Comment