New Year's 2010

New Year's 2010

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Challenge Card 6

Number 6 started with this stamped image.  Each color had an individual applicator.  They are made by Color Box (Petal Point Pinwheel).
I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with this one so I outlined the diamonds with thin black lines and then stared at it for awhile.  Decided to put some beads on it but was still stuck for inspiration.  It reminded me of clowns but I don't like clowns so that was a bust.  While waiting for inspiration to hit me in the head I made the borders using the original inks.  I used a mask to achieve the multicolored border.  Lastly I glued the parts together.
What finally occurred to me was that the colors reminded me of a celebration.  With that notion I finally had a theme.  I just happened to have a sentiment stamp by Stampendous with a celebratory feel.  I stamped it on tissue paper, cut apart the words and attached as shown.  I used one of the beads to dot the "i" in "Yipee".

Some days my ideas flow like raging water...other days like molasses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment