New Year's 2010

New Year's 2010

Friday, March 19, 2010

Egg-stra-ordinary

Another day, another swap :-)  This one is for my Paper Embroidery group.  We had to combine "iris folding" and "paper embroidery".
I started by cutting the lavender cardstock to fit the paper embroidery pattern.  I wanted an oval frame to surround an egg shape.  I only used the design (Ann's Paper Art-a392A) in the middle of the oval frame.  I stitched the design in dark purple thread.

After finishing the frame I cut an oval shape out of the middle.  Then I embossed the lavender with Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots folder.  I used purple and gold foil wrapping paper for the iris folding.  I wanted it to look like a fancy Fabrege' egg.  I finished it off by edging the egg with a gold edging stitcher.  Lastly, everything was attached to a purple card base.

No comments:

Post a Comment