New Year's 2010

New Year's 2010

Friday, March 12, 2010

Ribbon Circles

For this month's swap for my Cardmaking group I signed up to do a turquoise and brown card.  As I mentioned in my March 10 post, the turquoise and brown combination is very popular.
I got my inspiration from Traditional Card Techniques by Marie Browning. I used an "iris folding" pattern that incorporated five different sections.  For each of those sections I used a different turquoise, brown or combo of turquoise and brown ribbon.  Let me tell you...it wasn't easy finding five ribbons that went with each other!!!
Here is a close up of the iris.  I made it on a piece of brown cardstock.  On the turquoise card base I cut a larger circle and placed the brown underneath.  After adhering I attached another brown piece to the back of the iris on the inside of the card.

I finished the front by gluing down four brown strips to form a square shape.  On the inside I added a brown piece for the greeting.  I corner punched the piece and glued it down.
This is the book I mentioned...

No comments:

Post a Comment