New Year's 2010

New Year's 2010

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ribbon Weaving

Here's a card inspired by so pretty ribbon I have.  The turquoise and brown combination is very popular nowadays and it is one I'm quite fond of.
I started with a piece of brown and on the back I drew a grid so that the ribbons would be spaced out evenly (a half inch apart and from the edges).  I cut slits on all four sides so that the ends of the ribbon would go to the back where they could be taped down.  I did one direction first and then on the second go around I wove the ribbons as I went as well as taping down the ends.

This piece of brown with the weaving was attached to the turquoise card base with double sided tape for strength.  I cut four thin strips of turquoise and added them around the brown.  Finally I added a turquoise and brown punched flowers to the center and on top of that a turquoise flower gem.
I took another brown square and corner punched it Paper Studio's ("coat of arms")and attached to the inside of the card.  The turquoise with the flower cutout was leftover when I punched the flower.  I decided to repeat the theme by using it on top of the brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment