New Year's 2010

New Year's 2010

Monday, March 8, 2010

Thanks for the Memories

Two of my "bestest" buddies took me to lunch on my birthday last year.  We had a fantastic lunch at Napolitos and I even got a personal sized birthday cake!  I received presents and cards and comradery...my best birthday lunch ever!
I made a "Thank You" card for each made with the "Lace' Method" also known as "Incire" or "Lattice" or "Cut and Tuc" or "Cut andFfold".  I cut the white cardstock to the size I wanted and glued a piece of patterned paper to one side of it and let it dry under a pile of books.

Incire involves using a template or pattern, cutting along the lines and folding and tucking.  I wanted my folds to stand out more so that is why I added the patterned paper.  When you fold back the cut section the pattern shows in contrast to the white.

After the paper dried I used a template (American Traditional-"wide arrow") and cut as instructed on the package. Then one by one you fold the larger cut sections up and back and crease.  Finally, you tuck each large point  under each smaller point.  For a good visual go to this tutorial.
The first card was attached to a purple card base and the second to a white card base.  The flowers on each were purchased and I attached them with black brads.  The "thank you" on each is a sticker.

No comments:

Post a Comment