New Year's 2010

New Year's 2010

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Rain Rain Go Away

For the month of April I signed up to make an iris folded card with the title "Rain Rain Go Away".
I made a template for the umbrella and I decided to use a hexagon shape to do the folding.  You can download it from here.  You will find the umbrella outline, the hexagon folding shape and two shapes to cut out in a second pattern to add to the finished folding.
I chose the blue with white dots for the folding strips.  When I finished with that I cut out the two separate pieces using the blue and white gingham patterned paper.  After applying glue I slipped those pieces under the edges top and bottom and pressed the resulting piece under a stack of books to enable the glue to dry.

I cut a strip of the main paper to make a handle and glued that down.  I also cut out raindrop shapes freehand from both papers and glued them down.  Lastly I printed out the words and trimmed and attached them.
On the inside I attached a piece of the the gingham patterned paper that I had punched with an EKSuccess corner punch (Bubbles).  This allowed me to add a piece of white paper under the "photo corners" so that the recipient could write a message if they wished.

No comments:

Post a Comment