New Year's 2010

New Year's 2010

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Bloomin' Sketch

For a sketch challenge in Card Making International I made this card.
The patterned paper has been embossed with Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots embossing folder.  The center square on point is made on glittered cardstock and is glued on top of a light yellow ribbon which crosses the center of the patterned paper.  On top of the square is a flower I made out of the patterned paper (which is also embossed).

The flower instructions can be found on Valita's Designs & Fresh Folds.  The paper I used was not double sided so I cut pieces of the glittered cardstock to hide the outside edges underneath the flower folds.  I added leaves by folding some green paper in a similar manner and gluing in between the petals.  The center needed something so I glued a floral stamine (found in the bridal section of Hobby Lobby)in the center.
On the inside I used three scalloped circles cut out of the patterned paper and "tied" them together.  The border was created with the EKSuccess punch called "Daisy Chain".
This is the "sketch" that inspired the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment