New Year's 2010

New Year's 2010

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

If the Shoe Fits

Another swap for Card Crafts was to make a card with a hat or shoe.  I chose to do a shoe using Iris Folding.
I did the "iris folding" with the red section and finished the design by cutting out the gold sections and attaching them in place.  I used foil wrapping paper for my folding strips and black cardstock for the backing.  I added red foil to the outside edges of the card front and mitered the corners.  The "shoe" unit was then attached to the card base.
 
I decided to leave the inside blank so my partner could use the card if she wishes.  I fancy cut the top and botton of a rectangle of red foil with "Scroll and Dots"EKSuccess edger punch and attached it to the inside of the card.

The pattern I used can be found here.  It is small, so I imported it into Microsoft Word and enlarged it before printing.  It will be somewhat blurry so you may want to rewrite the numbers onto your printout. 

2 comments:

  1. kathy your blog is great! lots of stuff here.
    you are very creative.

    martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Georgeous card Kathy. Thanks for the pattern..Hugs..Loz

    ReplyDelete