New Year's 2010

New Year's 2010

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sketchy Snow

 February's sketch swap for Card Crafts turned into another snow card.  I think I have snow on the brain since so much of the country lies blanked by continuous snowstorms.  My swap partner lives in Israel, so I hope she enjoys a change of weather...so to speak ;-)
Since a sketch card doesn't have to be done exactly like the sketch, you are free to improvise.  I decided to forgo the bird and make my central theme a snowflake.  The buttons on the sketch became snowflake ornaments.
I used a piece of glossy banner paper and embossed it with Cuttlebug's "Snowflakes" embossing folder.  After attaching this to the card front I then attached the blue strip of paper to the middle.  This paper was punched along each edge with Martha Stewart's "Snow Flurry" corner and border punch set.

In the center I stacked two differently sized punched scallops with Paper Studio punches.  On top of the two scallops I glued a single embossed snowflake made in the same way as the other embossed paper.  The snowflake ornaments were glued on last and pressed overnight to assure good adhesion.
For the inside I scanned a piece of "snow flurry" embossed glossy banner paper with high contrast.  I imported the scan into Microsoft Word and added the greeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment