New Year's 2010

New Year's 2010

Friday, February 12, 2010

Sketch in Bloom

Last November I did a sketch swap with Australia through my card group (Card Crafts).  Again I decided to go with a Southwest flavor.  I live in the desert and in the Spring the wildflowers can be gorgeous, especially if we had any rain in the winter.  Since Australia's seasons are the opposite of ours I thought it would be fun to do a Spring card in November!
 
The sketch I drew my inspiration from is shown below.
  
I traced a butterfly shape around the printed words, cut them out and attached them to the card only by the body so that it was "3D".  

The Organ Mountains in the picture are part of the Rocky Mountain chain.  I can see them out of my kitchen windows in the winter (leaves are off the tree in front of the window ;-).  Right now I can see snow on the Organs!!!
The mountaintops are said to look like the pipes of an organ and that's where the name comes from.
 
And when the setting sun shines on them...gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment