New Year's 2010

New Year's 2010

Monday, February 15, 2010

Something Fishy

Last Autumn my sister and her son planned a "Mother/Son" fishing trip to Montana.  They live on opposite coasts and wanted to spend some relaxing quality time together.  I made each of them a card to get them off to a good start.  Here is the card I made for my sister.
 
I bought some pre-made fishing "accessories" to use on the front of the card which I attached to the green cardstock.  Then I attached the green to the base card with photo corners that I created using Martha Stewart's punch.
  
These photo corners are so easy to create and yet add so much depth!  See the tutorial below.
The inside I made using Microsoft Word, left over "accessories" and a couple pictures of flies.  I poked two holes two inches apart in the center and tied the inside and outside together with a piece of twine (to which I added a fish).

PHOTO CORNER TUTORIAL
 
The punch used on this tutorial was made by Fiskars and is called Diamond.

No comments:

Post a Comment