New Year's 2010

New Year's 2010

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Catch and Release

After the great "fish-a-thon" was over and Mom and Son were home again, I made a couple more cards.  This time I used a picture they sent me to make a kaleidoscope for my sister's card.  Since my sister doesn't like her picture displayed, the kaleidoscope was a perfect solution.  I printed it out in several sizes so I could make a pyramid on the outside.
 
The lake they fished in had a "catch and release" program.  The picture is of a trout my sister caught.  The star shape kaleidoscope went with the little tune that kept playing in my head.  The pocket also went with the song so I made a smaller version of the star and attached it to the pocket by a string.
Here is a close up scan of the kaleidoscope.  The scan colors are closer to the actual colors.  Look carefully and you can see the trout, a hand holding it and a peach colored jacket.
 Here is a close up of the pyramid.

No comments:

Post a Comment