New Year's 2010

New Year's 2010

Monday, January 25, 2010

Sketchy Christmas

If you haven't tried a card sketch yet you don't know what you are missing!  A card sketch is just that...a generalized sketch to be used as a jumping off point for your imagination.  You can make changes to the elements as long as your card resembles the sketch.  One of my card groups (Card Crafts) had a swap based on this sketch.
How you decorate and what theme you use are completely up to you.  Since it was close to Christmas I used that for my theme.
I cut the circle first and then used my Planet Punch template to line up the tree punch (Double Framed Christmas Tree) from All Night Media.  The greeting was done in Microsoft Word and the center piece for the circle was made in Kaleidoscope Kreator from a picture of Christmas "lamps".  A couple small punched trees  and two  stripes complete the card front. 
On the inside I added a triangle with a punch out to make a place to write a personal message.

There are many sources for card sketches and here are a few...
   Card Sketch a Day 
   Car Positioning Systems  
   Card Patterns 
   Creatively Yours 
   Inspirational Card Sketches 
   Card Positioning System 
   My Sketch World

No comments:

Post a Comment