New Year's 2010

New Year's 2010

Friday, January 22, 2010

Thanks for the Memories

Had lunch the other day with a good friend of mine (Bernie Baby).  It was so good to get out of the house and "shoot the breeze" and combine that with good food!  After getting home I decided to get out one of my favorite punches from Martha Stewart and make a thank you card.

I cut the top a little shorter on the leading edge and then punched out a white card that was the same dimension as the original top.  I then glued the white to the inside of the front and this edge has the darker color behind it when closed.



This is a scanned image (thus the difference in shade from the first photo).  This illustrates how the "thanks border" shows against the back page of the card.

I took a rectangle and punched around the edges as you can see.  I decided it reminded me of spirelli so I used a shiny bronze thread to wrap the the shape simply.  I attached it to the front of the card with glue stick.  I use glue sticks a lot.  To keep the paper from curling and to make sure the glue holds well I weight the card down with something heavy (usually a stack of books).  The amount of time I leave it to be "pressed" depends on the amount of glue and number of layers.



I did some "cutting and pasting and punching" and created an area on the inside to write a message. 

No comments:

Post a Comment