New Year's 2010

New Year's 2010

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Butterfly Wings

Paper Embroidery (one of my card making groups) ran a swap a while ago and this is the card I made.
The theme was butterflies and all swaps must have embroidery.  I chose a beautiful pattern of Ann's Paper Art and used a purple/blue variegated and a silver thread to stitch. The finished stitching was matted on a blue background and this was attached to a purple card base.

I used a punch to make the butterfly.  I had a holographic folder (bought in a "back to school" sale) that I used for the butterfly.  I attached the body to the card and left the wings loose and slightly folded up.  Finally I attached silver corner stickers and a silver border sticker to outline the spaces between the corners.

I have more information on "paper embroidery" in a previous entry.  Just click on the link provided.  To find more "Ann's Paper Art" patterns go to Card Stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment