New Year's 2010

New Year's 2010

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A New Beginning

Card making has become an outlet for my creativity.  I usually prefer to make a card just once and I like to try all kinds of techniques.  I started out by stamping on the front of a pre-made card and that was it.  I've come a long way since that first card and now I create much more involved designs.  I joined some card making groups on Yahoo (more about that later) and have learned a great deal from these talented ladies and gentlemen.

The New Year's card above was made as a "swing" or "flip" card.  I used foil wrapping paper to cover each side and printed out two pictures for either side of the swing section.  Then I added a fancy gold ribbon around one edge and some curled silver ribbons to the gold.  The card is finished on both sides. 

Three tutorials that I found helpful are:
   Michelle's Rubber Room 
   Split Coast Stampers
   Sunflowers and Dragonflies

No comments:

Post a Comment