New Year's 2010

New Year's 2010

Friday, January 15, 2010

Double Trouble

There are several versions of "slider" cards on the net.  This particular one is a "double slider"  that I made following Dawn's directions found on You Tube.  This technique is so cool that I made three different Valentine versions.
 The first Valentine card is the picture above.  It shows the card when it is closed.  I die cut the cat and added a bead on floss for a collar.  The fence it sits on is a piece that has been border punched.  I also added ribbon and a heart button.

The next view shows the card after being opened by pulling on the top ribbon.  Both the top and bottom extend at the same time...thus the name "double slider"...lol! 
This card uses a plastic bag as part of the mechanism as seen in the video.  There is also a different version of the "double slider".  I've found tutorials for both.
Different version...

No comments:

Post a Comment