New Year's 2010

New Year's 2010

Monday, January 11, 2010

Around and Around

A technique that is very easy but can turn out looking very complicated is Spirelli.
Spirelli starts with a basic geometric symmetrical shape with points or scallops cut out of sturdy cardstock.  There are punches and dies available or punch out patterns.  On this card I found a shape I liked and did the basic wrapping on  the cardstock shape and the rest of the cutouts were done on patterned paper.  I took the original pattern and enlarged it over and over until I had four more sizes and glued them all together.

The spirelli itself is glued to the center and on top of that I added a faux gem flower.  To jazz it up I glued medium sized beads around the third tier.  Finally I added a backing paper and attached it to the card base. 
 
I made a much simpler version of a spirelli by punching out three scalloped shapes and only wrapping once around to make flowers.  I crimped some dark paper and used it for one side of the front along with the leaves and on the inside with the verse.
 
Check these tutorials for more help...
   You Tube 
   Scrap Jazz 

No comments:

Post a Comment