New Year's 2010

New Year's 2010

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Kokopelli Tunes

An "easel" card looks much harder to make then you'd think!  I made this easel card for a swap that went to India.  I wanted to make something reflective of the Southwest area since this is where I live.  I chose one of my favorite figures of Hopi Indian lore...the Kokopelli (Ko-ko-pel-li (kô kô pel´ lê).

Look carefully at the bottom edge of the top card (by the feet) and you will see a square purple brad head.  This is what keeps the card open when it is in an upright position.  The picture on the bottom section comes from the original picture.  I manipulated it in Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9. 

I made a frame to fit the picture and used my corner punch to create "photo corners".  The picture is fitted in the frame and the whole thing is glued to the front of the card.


I used a template from Penny in one of my groups to make my easel card.  She also has a label to add to the card so the recipient will know how it operates.

This view shows what the side looks like when the card is open.

Here are some tutorials for the easel card...

No comments:

Post a Comment